When shoes are purchased in a store, determining the right shoe size is often accomplished by using a Brannock device. This is done by stepping on this metal device, and measuring the length and width of the foot. Online shopping is becoming increasingly popular, and it can be difficult to choose shoes that will fit correctly. An effective method in learning what your correct shoe size is can be obtained by standing on a piece of paper, and tracing the foot. It is beneficial to do this at the end of the day, when the feet are at their largest. Many online shopping sites will have conversion charts, which can make it easier to choose the right shoe size. Feet can become swollen during the summer months, and shoes that are purchased may feel bigger during the colder months. If you would like additional information about correct pointers on how to get your right shoe size, please consult with a podiatrist who can answer any questions you may have.
Getting the right shoe size is an important part of proper foot health. Seek the assistance of one of our podiatrists from New Jersey Foot & Ankle Centers. Our doctors will provide the care you need to keep you pain-free and on your feet.
Getting the Right Shoe Size
There are many people who wear shoes that are the incorrect size, negatively affecting their feet and posture. Selecting the right shoes is not a difficult process, so long as you keep several things in mind when it comes to choosing the right pair.
- When visiting the shoe store, use the tools available to measure your foot.
- Be sure there is ‘wiggle room’. There should be about an inch between your toes and the tip of your shoes.
- Do not always assume you are the same size, as manufacturers run differently.
- Purchase shoes later in the day, as your feet swell as the day progresses.
- If a shoe is not comfortable, it is not suitable. Most shoes can’t be ‘broken in’, and comfort should be the ultimate goal when it comes to choosing the right pair of shoes
As our feet hold our body weight and keep us moving, it is important to treat them right. Picking the right pair of shoes can provide your feet comfort and mobility without pain.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office located in Oradell, NJ . We offer the newest diagnostic and treatment technologies for all your foot care needs.